DIRECTOR OF IVF LAB
He graduated from University of Istanbul, Istanbul Medical Faculty in 1987 and completed residency in Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology in 1992. Following passed ECFMG exams he worked as a postdoctoral fellow in Robert Wood Johnson Medical School Division of Reproductive Endocrinology between 1992-1994 and State University of New York between 1994-1995. He started working International Hospital-İstanbul Assisted Reproductive Technologies Division in 1995 and assigned as Clinical Director of IVF Unit in 1998. He joined Ota-Jinemed Hospital-İstanbul in 2003 and has been a senior specialist and the head of the research department of IVF Unit since then. He became Associated Professor in 2014 and currently is a member of faculty of Yeni Yuzyıl University Medical School. He also participated to establish and consult IVF Centers located in Albania and Southern Iraq. He has many international publications and presentations related to infertility and IVF over the past 20 years.
G.H. Corsan, W. Jow, M. Karacan, S.M.Qasim, “Laparoscopic gonadectomy in complete androgen insensivity syndrome.”, The Journal of the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists , 87-89 pp., 1994 , DOI: 10.1016/S1074-3804(05)80838-2
S.M. Qasim, M. Karacan, G.H. Corsan, R. Shelden, E. Kemmann, “High-order oocyte transfer in gamete intrafallopian transfer patients 40 or more years of age”, Fertility and Sterility (ISI) , 107-110 pp., 1995 , DOI: PMID:7789543
G.H. Corsan, M. Karacan, S.M. Qasim, M.K. Bohrer, M.X. Ransom, E. Kemmann, “Identification of hormonal parameters for successful systemic single-dose metotrexate therapy in ectopic pregnancy”, Human Reproduction (ISI) , 2719-22 pp., 1995 , DOI: PMID:8567799
Ö. Muneyyirci-Delale, V. Lakshmi, C.O. McCalla, M. Karacan, G. Neil, L. Camilien, “Variations in human -hydroxysteroidb-dehydrogenase and 11-oxoreductase activities of 11bplacental 11 dehydrognase enzyme during pregnancy”, . Early Pregnancy: Biology and Medicine , 201-6 pp., 1996 , DOI: PMID:9363218
- Karacan, R. Shelden, G.H. Corsan, “Controlled ovarian hyperstimulation/ intrauterine insemination cycles in subfertile couples; Effect of a six-day-only laboratory work week on cycle fecundity rates”, Journal of Reproductive Medicine (ISI) , 767-70 pp., 1996 , DOI: PMID:8913980
S.M. Qasim, A.Trias, M. Karacan, R. Shelden, E. Kemmann., “Does the absence or presence of seminal fluid matter in patients undergoing ovulation induction with intrauterine insemination”, Human Reproduction (ISI) , 1008-10 pp., 1996 , DOI: PMID:8671379
S.M. Qasim, M. Karacan, E. Kemmann, “An eight year review of hospitalization for ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome.”, Clinical and Experimental Obstetrics and Gynecology (ISI) , 49-52 pp., 1997 , DOI: PMID:9342460
Ö. Müneyyirci-Delale, M. Karacan, “Effect of norethindrone acetate in the treatment of symptomatic endometriosis”, International Journal of Fertility and Women’s Med , 24-7 pp., 1998 , DOI: PMID:9532466
Ö. Muneyyirci-Delale, M. Karacan, “Hormonal treatment of bilateral proximal tubal obstruction.”, International Journal of Fertility and Women’s Medicine , 204-8 pp., 1999 , DOI: PMID:10499742
- Karacan, H. Erkan, O. Karabulut, B. Sarıkamış, T. Çamlıbel, M. Benhabib, “Clinical Pregnancy rates in an IVF Program; Use of the flare-up protocol after failure with long regimens of GnRH-a.”, Journal of Reproductive Medicine (ISI) , 485-9 pp., 2001 , DOI: PMID:11396377
- Muneyyirci-Delale, V.L. Nacharaju, J. Sidell, G. Neil, M. Karacan, L. Camillien, S.Temkin, O.Abulafia, “11B-Hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase activity in pregnancies complicated by hydatiform mole”, American Journal of Reproductive Immunology (ISI) , 415-9 pp., 2006 , DOI: 10.1111/j.1600-0897.2006.00382.x
- Karacan, F.A. Alwaaely, Z. Cebi, M. Berberoglugil, M. Batukan, M. Ulug, A. Arvas, T. Camlıbel, “Effect of anti-thyroid antibodies on the outcome of intracytoplasmic sperm injection -embryo transfer (ICSI-ET) cycle in anti-phospholipid antibody negative euthyroid women”, Reprod Biomedicine Online (ISI) , 376-80 pp., 2013 , DOI: pii S1472-6483(13)00367-2
- Karacan, F.A. Alwaeely, S. Erkan, Z. Cebi, M. Berberoglugil, M. Batukan, M. Ulug, A. Arvas, T. Çamlıbel, “Outcome of Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection cycles with fresh testicular spermatozoa obtained on the day of or the day before oocyte collection and with cryopreserved testicular sperm in patients with azoospermia.”, Fertility and Sterility (ISI) , – 100;4, 975-980 pp., 2013. DOI: 10.1016/j.fertnstert.2013.06.031
- Karacan, M. Ulug, A. Arvas, Z. Cebi, M. Berberoglugil, M. Batukan, T. Çamlıbel Comparison of the transfer of equal numbers of blastocysts versus cleavage-stage embryos after repeated failure of in vitro fertilization cycles. Journal of Assisted Reproduction and Genetics 31:269–274, 2014. DOI: 10.1007/s10815-013-0146-3
- Karacan, M. Batukan, Z. Cebi, M. Berberoglugil, S. Levent, M. Kır, A. Baksu, E. Ozel, T. Camlıbel Screening cytomegalovirus, rubella and toxoplasma infections in pregnant women with unknown pre-pregnancy serological status. Arch Gynecol Obstet 290(6):1115-20, 2014. DOI 10.1007/s00404-014-3340-3
- Turan, CS Usta, A Usta, M Kanter, L. Tavli, M Karacan, C Celik, M Eser. The expression of HER-2/neu (c-erbB2), survivin and cycline D1 in serous ovarian neoplasms: their correlation with clinicopathological variables. J Mol Histol. 2014;45(6):679-87. doi: 10.1007/s10735-014-9591-2.
- Karacan, M. Ulug, A. Arvas, Z. Cebi, S. Erkan, T. Camlıbel. Live birth rate with repeat microdissection TESE and intracytoplasmic sperm injection after a conventional testicular biopsy in men with nonobstructive azoospermia. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2014;183:174-7. doi: 10.1016/j.ejogrb.2014.10.024.
- Usta , M. Karacan, Z. Çebi, A. Arvas, M. Uluğ, C.S. Usta, T. Camlıbel. The influence of sperm parameters on the outcome of intracytoplasmic sperm injection-embryo transfer cycle in poor responder women under 35 years of age. Clinical and Experimental Obstetrics and Gynecology Vol XI. III, 808-815, No:6, 2016.doi:10.12891/ceog3041.
- M. Karacan, Erdem, A. Usta, A. Arvas, Z Cebi, T. Camlibel. Gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist triggering with concomitant administration of low doses of human chorionic gonadotropin or a freeze-all strategy in high responders. Saudi Med J. 2017; 38(6):586-591. doi: 10.15537/smj.2017.6.17717.
- Arvas, M. Karacan, M. Uluğ, Z. Cebi, T. Camlıbel. A 20-Second Wait or Immediate Withdrawal of the Catheter Following Ultrasound-guided Blastocyst Transfer” (JR-08508-14 Version 3). The Journal of Reproductive Medicine. 2017; 62: 401. doi:
- Karacan, A. Usta, A. Arvas, E. Erdem, M. Ulug, Z. Cebi, T. Camlibel. The effect of coasting on the outcome of intracytoplasmic sperm injection: comparable analysis of GnRH agonist and antagonist cycles. Clinical and Experimental Obstetrics and Gynecology (in press).
- Z. Cebi, M. Karacan, E. Erdem, M. Ulug, A. Arvas, A. Usta, T. Camlıbel. Bilateral tubal ectopic pregnancy following frozen-thawed blastocyst transfer: a case report. European Journal of Health Sciences. (in press) doi : 10.5505/eurjhs.2017.82713
- E. Erdem, M. Karacan, A. Usta, A. Arvas; Z. Cebi, T. Camlıbel. Outcome of ICSI with motile testicular spermatozoa obtained through microscopically assisted testicular sperm extraction in relation to the ovarian respons J Gynecol Obstet Hum Reprod. doi:10.1016/j.jogoh.2017.03.009 (in press)
A.Usta, D. Karademir, E. Sen, S. Yazici, E. Adali, E. Erdem, M. Karacan. Osteogenesis imperfecta Type IV: a newly identified variant at position c.560 (G > T; p.Gly187Val) in the COL1A2 gene. Pan African Medical J. 27, 198, 14/07/2017 (in press)